Inflation Day 2020
It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce the cancellation of Inflation Day 2020.
The situation with Corona virus changes daily and it with everyone’s safety in mind that we have had to make this decision.
As things stand, we do not expect to be able to find another date in 2020 so we shall work on a date and venue for 2021.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
- The *virtual* Inflation Day 2020The balloons pictured below all registered to attend the Inflation Day and we take our hats off to all the pilots and crews who had the date firmly […]
- Inflation Day 2020, 25th AprilInflation Day 2020 – CANCELLED. It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce the cancellation of Inflation Day 2020. The […]
- 21st November is Montgolfier DayAll over the world, 21st November is the day balloonists celebrate the anniversary of the first free flight with human beings. In 1783 in Paris, […]
- BBM&L 2019 AGM and Annual LuncheonThe 38th Annual General Meeting will take place on Sunday 27th October at the Donnington Grove Hotel, Newbury, Berkshire. […]
This Day In History
- 1898 American professional balloonist, Menier, had a spectacular career with many injuries. He was also a high dive specialist from towers & bridges (into water), in fact he boasted he was the "World Champion High-Diver." On 29 May 1898, he took off in a balloon from Winnipeg Canada. He launched in a strong wind, jumped, but his parachute barely opened before landing. The impact rendered him unconscious, but he recovered with only a sprained ankle. Source: Winnipeg Tribune